Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 45 Minuites (Approx)
- Parwal- 500 gm
- Potato- 150 gm
- Shredded coconut -10 tablespoon
- Poppy seeds(khus khus)- 5 teaspoon
- Dry chilies- 1or 2( as per taste)
- Cumin seeds- 2 ½ teaspoon
- Cashew nut -10 pieces
- Bay leaf – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1teasppon
- Oil -10 tablespoon
- Ginger -1/2 inch
- Salt – as per taste
Preparation : Step wise
- Wash and peel the parwals. Cut each parwal in two halves (not length wise).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces
- Make a fine paste of shredded coconut, ginger, poppy seeds (khus khus), cashew nuts, dry chilly and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry the parwal and potatoes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and fry cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Add the masala paste, turmeric powder. Fry it till oil starts coming out.
- Add fried parwal and potatoes, stir it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring it to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked and the gravy is thick.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
Cashew nuts and coconut are rich sources of calcium, fat, protein and energy.