Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 45 Minuites (Approx)
- Ata (Wheat Flour) – 300 gm
- Chinni (Sugar) -250 gm
- Nadia (Coconut) – ½ a Coconut(shredded)
- Gujurati( Cardamom) – 4 pcs
- Luna (Salt) – As per taste
- Refine Tela( Refined Oil)- for deep frying
Preparation : Step wise
- Take a deep frying pan. Put shredded coconut, sugar (75 gm) and crushed cardamom. Fry for 10 min.
- Take same amount of water as the wheat flour in a deep pan. Add 175 gm of sugar and salt to it. Boil it.
- Add ½ cup of water to ½ cup of wheat flour and make a fine paste. Add the paste to the pan when the sugar solution is saturated. Stir well, so that no lump should be formed.
- Leave the mixture to boil for 2 min. now add the rest of the wheat flour to the mixture., stir it in low flame.
- Remove from flame and knead it with oil to make smooth dough.
- Make small balls from the dough, flatten each ball and stuff the fried coconut on it. Again make a ball so that the stuffing remains inside. Flatten them by hand just like we make puri.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot fry these flatten balls till they are golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
This pitha is rich in energy, fat, calcium and carotene.