Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 30 Minuites (Approx)
- Buta Dali (Split Bengal Gram/ Chana Dal) – 250 gm
- Sorisa ( Mustard Seed ) – 2tsp
- Jeera ( Cumin Seed ) – 1 tsp
- Nadia kora (Shredded coconut)-4btps
- Haladi Gunda ( Turmeric Powder ) – 2tsp
- Dalchini (Cinnamon)– 2pc
- Golmaricha(Black pepper) – 2tps
- Aleyecha(Big Cardamom)-1pc
- Guaa Gheea (Pure Ghee)-3tbsp
- Luna ( Salt ) to taste
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with, soak the dal in water for 60 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of shredded coconut, cinnamon, big cardamom and black pepper.
- Take a deep pan, add the rinsed gram(buta dali), turmeric powder, salt to taste and add required water to boil. Cook till it becomes tender.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustered seeds, cumin seeds. Allow spluttering.
- Add the boiled dal to it slowly and bring it to a boil.
- Add the prepared paste to it .
- Stir it properly and cook it for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
This recipe is rich in protein, carbohydrate, carotene, energy and calcium. It helps reduce cholesterol .