Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 1 hour (Approx)
- Raw Moong dal- 250 gms
- Sugar- 300gm
- Rice – 65 gms( 1/4th of moong dal)
- Cows ghee-1 tablespoon
- Salt –as per taste
- Oil- as required
Preparation : Step wise
- Soak the moong dal and rice in water for 1 hour.
- Wash the dal and rice cleanly and grind it with little water.
- Boil water in a deep dish equivalent to moong dal paste, with sugar.
- When it’s boiled, add moong dal paste and salt as per taste. Stir it properly.
- Reduce the heat and stir it till it becomes thick.
- One way to check that the paste is done: check it with wet fingers and if it does not stick, then remove it from heat.
- Grease a wide plate with ghee and pour the pre boiled mix on it. Keep the plate unaltered for 15 minutes, so that the mixture is cool and ready to cut.
- Cut into shapes you desire.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry the cut shapes in a low flame till they are golden brown.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
Moong dal and rice contain proteins and carbohydrates. You can add grated coconut to the mixture while boiling.