Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 20 Minuites (Approx)
- Chhuin ( Drumstick )-5
- Aalu ( Potato )-2 medium size
- Sorisa ( Mustard seed )-1tbsp
- Sukhila Lanka ( dry chili )-2
- Rasuna ( Garlic )-5 cloves
- Haladi Gunda ( Turmeric powder )-1/ 2 tbsp
- Pancha phutana ( Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Black cumin )
- Sorisa tela ( Mustard oil )
- Luna ( Salt ) to taste
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with, peel off the outerlayer of drumstick (chhuin) and cut it into pieces.
- Make round slices of potato (aalu ).
- Wash the pieces of potato ( aalu ) and drumstick ( chhuin ) properly.
- Make a fine paste of mustard seed ( sorisa ),dry chili ( sukhila lanka ) and garlic cloves (rasuna).
- Heat oil in a pan and put the pieces of potato (aalu) and drumstick ( chhuin ),add the paste, turmeric powder (haladi gunda),salt to taste ( luna ) and half cup of water.
- Cover it with a lid and allow to cook for 5-8 mins on a lower flame.
- Put off the flame after it is done and keep it aside.
- Heat mustard oil ( sorisa tela ) and add pancha phutana and allow spluttering.
- Then add the boiled drumstick ( chhuin ) and potato ( aalu) and stir it properly and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve it hot.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
This recipe is rich in energy, fats, and iron.