Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 15 Minuites (Approx)
- Baigana ( Eggplant/Brinjal ) -250gm
- Dahi ( Yogurt ) -200gm
- Green chilies -2-3
- Bhusanga Patra ( Curry leaves )
- Lanka Gunda ( Chilli Powder ) -1/2 tbsp
- Jeera Gunda ( Cumin Powder ) – 1/2 tbsp
- Phutana ( Cumin,Mustard seed,Methi, Black cumin )-1tbsp
- Chini ( Sugar) -2 tbsp
- Refine Tela ( Refine Oil) -200gm
- Luna ( Salt ) to taste
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with, cut the eggplant ( baigana ) into thin slice.
- Blend the yogurt ( dahi ) and keep it aside.
- Split the green chilies ( kancha lanka ).
- Wash the curry leaves ( bhusanga patra ).
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the sliced eggplant ( baigana ) and keep it aside.
- Again heat oil ( refine oil ) and add phutana,green chilies and curry leaves ( bhusanga patra ).
- Then add fried eggplant ( baigana ),salt ( luna ) to taste and sugar and stir it properly.
- Then add the above to the yogurt ( dahi ) kept aside in another container and stir it well .
- Add the cumin and chilli powder to it and blend it well and serve it .
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
This recipe is rich in carotene, calcium, energy, fats,iron, vitamin -c .