- Drumstick leaves (500 Gm)
- Moong Dal (5 teaspoons)
- Shredded coconut (5 teaspoons)
- Garlic (15 cloves)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cooking Oil ( 3 teaspoons)
- Urad Dal ( 1 teaspoon)
- Mustard seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Dry chilies ( 1 or 2 as per taste)
- Salt ( to taste )
- Separate out the drumstick leaves carefully and keep it separately aside together.
- Fry the moong dal slightly in a frying pan till it turns golden brown.
- Boil a cup of water with the milk and sugar, in a separate deep dish.
- As soon as the water starts boiling, pour the fried moong dal and boil it.
- Add drumstick leaves in the deep dish and add salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic cloves till golden brown.
- Add the urad dal, mustard seeds and dry chilies to the frying pan.
- Fry the above ingredients for about 1 minute and then add the drumstick leaves and shredded coconut. Let the drumstick leaves cook for approx 5 mins, while stirring it in intervals.
- Fry the drumstick leaves till it is almost dry.
Drumstick leaves has ample amounts of Carotene, Vitamin-C and Calcium, which are highly beneficial.
This is especially useful for persons with high blood pressure.
Since drumstic leaves are heavy ( Garistha Khadya ) in nature, hence should not be taken much as it is difficult to digest. This kind of item should be taken during lunch time as during the day time , digesting ( Pachaka Shakti ) capacity remains more .