Chena – Follow the steps below to make chena
Take 1 gallon whole milk, boil it, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar and 1 tsp of salt.
The cheese will separate from the milk and water.
Take a muslin cloth and drain the water leaving the cheese in the cloth.
The cheese should be little soft.
Onion 1 Medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp, Turmeric Powder a pinch
Tomato 3 Medium
Cashew 10-12, cloves 4
Milk 3/4 cup
Sugar 1 tsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Oil 1/2 cup
1. Add 1 tsp of maida (all-purpose flour) to the chena made above and make small ping pong balls shape. Deep fry until golden brown and keep aside.
2. Blend onion, tomatoes, ginger (1″), cashew and garlic (4 cloves) together
3. Heat the butter/oil in a pan.
4. Add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and stir for some time in medium heat till oil seperates (about 5 minutes)
5. Then add haldi, chilli powder and tomato puree and cook till the oil seperates(covered 2-3 minutes, stir and again 2-3 minutes). Check, it shouldn’t burn but it will stick to the pan like gravy
6. Finally add milk, sugar, salt and chena balls and simmer for 2-3 minutes.