Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 1 hour (Approx)
- Nadia (Cocoanut)- half a coconut(shredded)
- Aalu (Potato)-300grm
- Piaja (Onion)-100grm
- Aada(Ginger)- 1inch
- Rasuna(Garlic) -15 cloves
- Tamato (Tomato)-75 grm
- Besana (gram flour)- 2 btsp
- Haladi Gunda (Turmeric powder) -1 tsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds)-1tsp
- Aleicha (Small Cardamom)- 2pcs
- Lavanga (Clove) -2 pcs
- Dalchini (Long Cinnamon)- 1 inch
- Sukila Lanka (dry chili)-2 piece
- Kacha (Green Chili) – 1 Piece
- Refined oil -75 grm
- Salt ( as per taste)
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with, make a fine paste of onion (100rm), ginger ,garlic and dry chilies.
- Then, cut the unpeeled potato, into slices and boil these in a pan with water until these tenderly boiled. Then drain out the water , peel off potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Chop the onion (50 grm) and green chilies. Cut the rest of the onions into thin slices and cut the tomatoes into small pieces, keep these aside.
- Make powder of small cardamom, clove, and long cinnamon.
- Make a fine dough of shredded coconut, gram flour, chopped onion, green chilies, salt (as per taste) and a little water to make a thick mixture.
- Make small balls out of the above mixture, then heat oil in a pan, fry the balls in lower flame till it turns dark brown.
- Heat the rest of the oil in another pan and add the cumin seeds. Allow spluttering.
- Add the masala paste (from step-2), turmeric powder to it and stir it .Fry this paste over medium flame until it begins turning a light brown.
- Add the tomatoes (from step-3), oiled potatoes and continue to fry till the paste is well cooked.
- Then add 3-4 cup of water to it, add salt as per taste and stir it properly. Boil it for 10-12 minutes.
- Drop fried balls (from step- 6) slowly into the boiling water. Lower the flame. And boil it for another 5-8 minutes until the gravy thickness to the desired consistency.
- Add the garam masala powder (from step-4) and serve hot with rice or paratha.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
Coconut contains 70% oil which helps in digestion, creation of hemoglobin, avoid blood cult, and strengthen teeth. The recipe is rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamin-B.