Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 45 Minuites (Approx)
- Potato – 150 gm
- Pumpkin -150 gm
- Raw papaya -400gm
- Raw banana-100gm
- Saru(arum , arbi) – 200gm
- Tomato -150 gm
- Raddish -150 gm
- Egg plant ( brinjal ) – 200gm
- Onion -100gm
- Cilantro(coriander leafs) -25 gm
- Mustard seeds – 6 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 21/2 teaspoon
- Dry chili – 3 pcs (as per taste)
- Garlic-15 cloves
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango flakes ( aambula) -1 pcs(small) or tamarind(tentuli)
- Salt – as per taste
Preparation : Step wise
- Make a fine paste of mustard seeds ( 5 teaspoon ), cumin seeds ( 2 teaspoon ), dry chili (2 pcs) ,and garlic.
- Clean the vegetables , peel and cut into small pieces.
- Make thin slices of onion. Cut the coriander leafs.
- cook the vegetables with turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
- Cook it for 5 minutes or till its cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds (1teaspoon),cumin seeds(1/2 teaspoon), dry chili(1 pcs) .
- When it starts spluttering add onion slices and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the boiled vegetables and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep aside and garnish with coriander leafs.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
Vegetables are rich in vitamins. Mustard and cumin seeds contain fat.