Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 45 Minuites (Approx)
- Phula kobi ( Cauliflower ) – 1 medium size
- Gajar ( Carrot ) – 2 medium size
- Beat ( Turnip ) – 1 medium
- Matara ( Green Pea ) – 250gm
- Aalu ( Potato ) – 4 medium size
- Bilati Baigana ( Tomatoes ) – 2 medium size
- Piaja ( Onion ) – 2 medium size
- Rasuna ( Garlic ) – 5 cloves
- Ada ( Ginger ) – 2 inch
- Jeera ( Cumin ) – 2 tbsp
- Charmagaj ( Melon seeds) or Kaju ( Cashew nuts )-2tbsp
- Lanka gunda ( Chili powder ) -1tbsp
- Refine Tela ( Refine Oil )
- Luna ( Salt ) – to taste
- Pancha phutana ( Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Black cumin )
- Dhania patra ( Coriander leaves )
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with, chop all the vegetable ( cauliflower, carrot,turnip,potato, and tomatoes ) into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Crush the garlic and ginger.
- Make a fine paste of Charmagaj ( melon seed ) or Kaju ( Cashew nuts ) and Jeera ( cumin ).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the vegetable pieces and fry till it becomes half tender and keep it aside.
- Again heat oil and add pancha phutana into it
- After it starts spluttering add finely chopped onions and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add the crushed garlic and ginger to it and fry.
- Then add the fried pieces of vegetables to it and stir it well.
- Add salt ( luna ) to taste and stir.
- After 2-3 mins add the paste of charmagaj ( melon seeds ) or kaju ( Cashew nuts ) and jeera ( cumin ) and add water ( 1cup ) and cover it with a lid .
- Allow to cook on a lower flame for 4-5 mins till the vegetables are done.
- Then put off the flame and garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves ( dhania patra ).
- Serve it hot.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
It is rich in , protein, carbohydrates, carotene and calcium and since carrot and turnip are used it is rich in vitamin –A which is helpful in preventing night blindness.