Preparation For : 4 People | Preparation Time : 40 Minuites (Approx)
- Phula Kobi ( Cauliflower ) – 1kg
- Aalu ( Potatoes ) – 200 grm
- Piaja ( Onion ) – 200grm
- Aada ( Ginger ) – 1inch
- Rasuna ( Garlic ) – 15 cloves
- Matara ( Green Pea ) – 100 grm
- Bilati Baigana ( Tomato ) – 100grm
- Lanka Gunda ( Chili Powder ) – 1tps
- Jeera Gunda ( Cumin Powder ) – 1tps
- Dhania Gunda ( Coriander powder ) – 1tps
- Haladi Gunda ( Turmeric powder ) – 1 tsp
- Dhania Patra ( Coriander leaves ) – 40 gm
- Tela ( Refined oil ) – 75 grm
- Luna ( Salt ) to taste
Preparation : Step wise
- To start with , make a fine paste of onion, garlic and ginger.
- Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and cut it into pieces (florets). Peel off the potatoes and cut into cubes .
- Remove the niblets and take out the green peas . Finely chop the tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil (3btps) in a pan, add cauliflower and salt to taste and fry till it turns light brown, take it out and keep it aside.
- Again heat oil (1btps) in the same pan. Fry the potatoes till it turns golden brown and take it out of the pan.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and add the prepared paste .
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder , coriander powder to it. Fry the paste with frequent stirring over medium flame till it turns light brown.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets, the potatoes cubes, green peas and continue stirring till it gets properly mixed with the paste.
- Then add 3-4 cups of water , salt to taste , stir well and cover it with a lid.
- Boil it on a lower flame, for another 20 minutes till the vegetables are tender and the gravy thickens to the desired consistency.
- Finally remove the pan from flame, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Health & Additional Cooking Tips
Cauliflower and potatoes contains protein, calcium,vitamins-C and energy.